Ever since I can remember I've heard the comment that there is "no difference" between Canadians and Americans. I respectfully beg to differ as there is a difference on so many levels! We have unique Canadian culture consisting of Canadianisms, a Canadian perspective on world events, Canadian cuisine as well as products and foods only available in Canada. This blog is dedicated to celebrating all things Canadian from "my perspective" as a Canadian. Please enjoy your visit and be sure to visit often.

Garden Gnome
Americans should never underestimate the constant pressure on Canada which the mere presence of the United States has produced. We're different people from you and we're different people because of you. Living next to you is in some ways like sleeping with an elephant. No matter how friendly and even-tempered is the beast, if I can call it that, one is effected by every twitch and grunt. It should not therefore be expected that this kind of nation, this Canada, should project itself as a mirror image of the United States.
- Pierre Trudeau

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Vancouver vs Boston for Stanley Cup

The battle for the Stanley Cup is heating up between Vancouver and Boston.  Oh my gosh though listening to the media and seeing some of the problems Boston gets one heck of a huge fail from this Canadian!  Apparently some restaurants were refusing service to Canadian fans.  Say what?  Canadians bring a lot of money into the US through their vacations, rental properties and day trips.  How dare a restaurant post a sign that Canadians are not welcomed?  I don't care what the reason is but I will guarantee you that when Boston fans come to Vancouver and they will, there would never be a sign to not welcome them into a restaurant.  You see, Canadians have learned how to take the high road and not insult their tourists.  Quite frankly after this horrid display of hospitality, I have absolutely no desire to ever visit Boston and I do mean ever!  So might I politely say in a nice Canadian way, Bostonians are welcomed to visit Vancouver for the game but seriously don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.  Oh and while it would have been nice to bust your chops on your home turf, winning on Canadian soil is even better!  My Canadian perspective...


0 comments:

Post a Comment